Friday, February 20, 2009

Feingold - Still Toting the Party Line

I e-mailed my "great" U.S. Senator about the porkulus bill a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a response today:

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 1, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was passed by the United States House of Representatives on February 13, 2009, by a vote of 246-183, and passed by the Senate the same day by a vote of 60-38. It was signed into law by the President on February 17, 2009.

I supported the economic recovery package because with unemployment continuing to rise, including the highest levels Wisconsin has seen in twenty years, we need to act quickly and responsibly to create jobs and get our economy moving. Though not perfect, the economic recovery package does take important steps to create or save millions of jobs while addressing our country's energy and infrastructure challenges. It includes funding for highway and bridge construction, individual and business tax breaks, Medicaid, education and many other priorities

For more information on the economic recovery package you can visit www.recovery.gov. I will also have more information about how the recovery affects Wisconsin on my website, www.feingold.senate.gov/recovery.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to do so on this or any other issue.

It's great to see my so-called "maverick" senator toting to liberal party line.

How much funding is in there for highway and bridge construction?

How much individual and business tax breaks are in the bill? I know they cut the tax breaks from $1000 to $800 in the final bill. Thanks, Russ.

How much more is Medicaid getting funded?

How much for Education?

What are your so-called "priorities" that I, as a taxpayer, am being forced to fund?

Abortions in other countries? Yep.

ACORN? Yep.

What else???

Sen. Feingold, how many phone calls/emails did you get against the stimulus package?

How many for it?

It's bad enough we have a do-nothing senator in Herb Kohl, but it's good to know we have another senator that doesn't care what his constituents think, but is only concerned about toting the liberal party line.

No comments: