Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Anti-women?

At first I scoffed when I read this headline- "Lawton, Dem legislators call GOP budget 'anti-women'. Until I read this portion of the article-

Rep. Donna Seidel (D-Wausau) said the Republicans' move to end state funds for private family-planning clinics would jeopardize help now given to 3,400 women in Marathon County. Sen. Robert Wirch (D-Kenosha) said 3,300 women in that county would lose medical and family-planning services in Kenosha County, if the new limit becomes law.

Typical political garbage.

I do have a few questions-

Why are using tax dollars to fund PRIVATE family-planning clinics?

What kind of "private" clinics are these?

Is the GOP assembly really cutting off ALL funding for women?(I mean, really?)

I will be honest- every time I see the words "family planning"- I wonder if NARAL is involved.


Also- Just as a observation- Even Rep. Seidel only suggested that help for the women would be jeopardized. However, being the drama king that he is- Sen. Wirch is claiming that women would completely lose there medical services and family-planning services.

I think I will send out an email to Sen. Wirch requesting him to explain himself completely. I would like an explanation as to why taxpayers are funding private clinics and which women's clinics will be shut down.

I believe Sen. Wirch owes us an explanation.

Will advise as soon as I get a response.

Feel free to email him, yourself-

Sen.Wirch@legis.wisconsin.gov

No comments: