Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Grothman bailed out

Those of us out there hustling for signatures for the last few days, really did not deserve this.

Glenn Grothman has decided not to run for US Senate. He had more than enough signatures, but decided not to run. Grothman faced a huge uphill battle. Trying to run a US Senate race, by jumping in at the last minute is not the smartest thing to do.

Here are the details.

The good news is that there are no other distractions pulling us away from the work we have to get done in the next 4 months.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I have to admit, I am really disappointed. I'm one of those people who have been encouraging him to run. Although I expect him to start a long time ago. I believe, even if he didn't win, he would have made an excellent showing. It would have gotten his name out in the rest of the state, and he could have tried again for another national office. I know Glenn has a darn good reason for making this decision. I just wish I knew what it was.

Hey, want me to wave at your parents as I drive back through Dallas in a few days, on my way home? :)

xoff said...

Show us the "more than enough" signatures, please.

GOPgal said...

Oh, great, that means another six years of having Montgomery Burns as our senator.

K. Carpenter said...

Now why would any of us show you this information?

Of course, I don't have this information, that was collected by Grothman's people in Washington County. Which I am certain you know, and is probably why you are asking me.

Considering the fact that Grothman is from Washington County- it is a pretty safe bet that he could easily get 2000 people alone to sign. Then consider Waukesha right next door.

I even collected signatures right here in Kenosha.

Like it or not X-off, there are conservatives in Wisconsin and we will keep sneaking up on you. Be nervous. Very very nervous!